Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eva Juzswik

Stevenson High School

Eva The Protector Story

A story about my very little friend.


Jonathon Boyer

12/17/2009

And special Thanks To:
Mom and Dad,
Aunt Jerry and Uncle John.
A story about Jonathon and Matthew Boyer, and the struggles with our Grandparents, and the life without Eva, our good friend.

My story is sad but true, many will not believe that some people are like this, but yes there are. -Jonathon Boyer

It started in March of 2008 when my Uncles dog Eva was born. She is a 6 and a half pound Dachshund puppy, who took a liking to me and my brother within the past year and a half. She would stay at my Grandparents house during the day when my Uncle Scott went to work at Macy’s (and a Antique Outlet Store). And let me tell you this, it’s not easy living over there. We live a block over from them, and every day after school we would get off the bus, Eva would be waiting for us at my Grandparents house, excited as can be. I would stay over there until my brother arrived, and then we would go home. Now doesn’t that sound nice? Well not exactly. I would go inside the house, greet Eva, and then listen to my Grandparents complain about how bad my parents are, not to mention criticizing me and my brother in the process. We only went over there because Eva was there. And she always wanted to come home with us. Things changed soon after…
About a month passed, and every day, when I would come home from school, it would be job after job. And they were jobs that were not even necessary. At times, they would not even let us come near Eva, work was more important. At times we would take Eva by our house, just to get her away from "Happy Land". We all loved Eva, and she loved us. Eva soon became accustomed to waiting for use every day, and she even knew the time the bus would arrive. Until my brother Matthew and I had gotten so tired of them, meaning the harm and the rude comments. So we left, and this is when we had to say goodbye to Eva, sadly, for good. We were going on a trip to Vermont, for a Classic Car Tour with some friends. And on the way there, my Dad asks us, “How has it been by your Grandparents House?” And that’s when we had to tell him we could not go over there anymore. And the only thing that we thought of the whole time was Eva. We loved Eva, we couldn’t just leave her, what should we do?
We thought about it during the whole tour in Vermont, and we made our decision. We would not be going to our Grandparents house anymore, and that meant no more Eva. Our Dad said, “You can go over there if you want, were not stopping you” So now, instead of going to Happy Land, we visit our Aunt Jerry and Uncle John. They see the best of us, and are always happy to see us. And even though we don’t see Eva anymore, we know she understands. Matthew and I love Eva, and we always will.
It’s going to be about 6 months now, since the last time we saw Eva. Now every day when we get off the bus, I look at her and she looks at me and we both understand why. I would love to see Eva again, but with me now in High School, I don’t want the thought of my Grandparents telling me “You’re going to be a loser” And now, when I get off the bus, Eva is not sitting in the driveway anymore, the house is all closed up. And I ask myself, “What is Eva doing right now” Because I’m not there to throw her toy, or spoil her as much as she pleases. Yes I miss her, but I have my family, and that’s all that really matters. I want to thank my Parents, and Aunt Jerry and Uncle John for all the help and support through this one wild adventure. Eva was our Hero at our Grandparents house, no matter what kind of day, Eva was always there to cheer us up!
Thank You All -Jonathon Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment